Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Finding Blessings

Not that I have to clean so much
But that I have so much to clean

Not that I have to feed everyone yet again
But that I have four beautiful children
And no shortage of food

Not that I have to do even more laundry
But that we have plenty of clothing
A working washer and dryer
And gas and electric services

Not that I have so much to do
But that I'm able to do so much

Let me see the blessings in everything I do today
And let me, in turn, be a blessing to others.

6 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

THANKYOU!!! I needed this today. With the chores we do daily to keep the place nice and neat and the kids fed and happy we ought to see them as pleasurable. It just takes words like these to see we are truly blessed!

ann said...

sweet sentiments... but it's like the magic porridge pot; it goes on for ever

C said...

Cazzie - thanks! I need to remember this more myself. :-P :-)

Ann - Isn't it just? Or like stringing beads on a string with no knot at the end. But, hey, at least we have beads! :)

david wesley said...

buggers! your words make my writ seem like a load of bollocks!! keep it coming, it's sodding lovely!

C said...

Thanks, darlin'! :) I do need to get back on the poetry wagon. :-P

Anne-Marie said...

This is great; it brought a smile to my face. =)